Friday, December 08, 2006

Fa La La La La




Because I couldn't find any brave young men to go up on my roof to string Christmas lights, it was only the lower level that got adorned. And as such, my three-story house looks like a rancher. The top half is totally ignored, neglected and naked.

So I'm all Merry Christmas on the outside and not a stitch of holiday cheer on the inside. So this weekend it is my goal to address the holidays. I will fill out and address and mail all of my Christmas cards, purchase and decorate a tree, wrap gifts and bake a gingerbread house. Of course I'm lying about that last thing, but it just seemed to fit.

I'm having a little office Christmas cocktail party tomorrow for which a new outfit will be purchased tonight. I've got my eye on this. At least the shirt. The pants aren't really doing it for me. And of course it will look exactly like that on me as it does on that model. (Now, you guys might want to start backing up before the lightening bolts start showering down.)

I also plan on some obnoxiously big hair.

It's as cold as a witch's tit outside today. It is supposed to be more of the same tomorrow. But it is supposed to start to warm up on Sunday and be in the mid 60s all next week. And that's nice, right? If I can somehow talk Mother Nature (or should I talk to Mother Earth? Or Father Time?) into letting that trend continue through Christmas then I would dance a little jig.

Now, what are you guys buying me for Christmas?


PS - I think one of my light up reindeer is pregnant.

8 Comments:

Blogger Big Pissy

If that reindeer does indeed turn out to be pregnant, let me know.

I can do a DNA test on her and any potential daddys you might have in your yard.

Or the woods near your house.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Joe

I am getting you an engagement ring.

This torrid, long-distance love affair of ours must be taken to the next level.

So, the only remaining issue is how we will split our time between Virginia and Montana.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Arcturus

Hi HotLipz ... whatcha think of my current entry? Ditto to MCM... and you, too, BP!

*sigh*

5:57 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy

arc: I left you a comment

9:01 PM  
Blogger Sunny

Is that really your house? You did a fab job!

The weather is just too cold right now.

10:54 PM  
Blogger hotlipz

Pissy, I think in this instance, I will be turning to the bad teenagers that got my poor innocent doe in this predicament for child support.

Joe, I think I have an idea to take our relationship to the next level. And as far as I see it, the best way to split up our time between the two states would be for you to take Montana and me to take Virginia. We can just vacation together. I've got Myrtle Beach, Vegas and St. Martin booked for '07. I'm pretty sure our marriage will be the envy of all of our friends.

Yes, Sunny that's the Hot Lips compound.

Arc, I commented as well.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Arcturus

By the way, you'd look killer in that outfit, including the pants. But your wish for 60F weather thru Christmas ... I can't concur.

And thank God you got some frickin' color back in your blog with that picture. All this black-and-white is giving me a headache.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Jo

Love the outfit and the house decorations too.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home