Thursday, October 19, 2006

Who'd Have Guessed?

S'up fuckers?

I know I made a little promise promise that I accidentally didn't follow through with. But I ran away from home last night and ended up on Dee's deck for 4 hours instead of being at home and doing like, 900 other productive things, which may or may not have included making the blog post that I promised everyone. But let's not sweat the small stuff, m'kay?

And just a little fyi, tonight is ladies night. Does everyone remember the silly little monthly neighborhood gathering that I used to attend regularly? I haven't been in a few months and I think I'm going to go tonight out of nothing more than obligation. Lucky me. Lucky you.

And quickly, before I get into the bizarro guest list, let me tell you what random thing I just did. Random, random, random. My brain stopped working about 17 days ago and I've been on autopilot ever since. And I'm not even sure I should share this story with you guys because it won't mean a damn thing to you. Although I alluded to it in the early days of this blog a couple of times, before any of you fuckers even came here, I don't think I've shared the story. But whatever, Hot Lips, just get to it.

So you know my little lesbian friend, Sara? Yeah, her. We used to be best, best friends. We were always together, always having a blast. She would take me to the lesbian bar and I would shake my ass to Beyonce with anyone who would have me all night long. And we would be silly and goofy and talk mad shit and lounge at the pool all summer long and life was good.

But then one day, out of the blue, Sara's grumpy, jealous girlfriend put the kibosh on our friendship and it has all been downhill since then. I still consider her a friend, but instead of talking, seeing and emailing her every day it is more like email once a week, talk once a month and see once every two or three months when K is out of town or otherwise occupied. She and K broke up for a short period this summer and she moved in with me. Remember those two weeks that I had a roommate? But that was short lived and they reunited and she moved back home. I have only seen her once since then.

So today I'm cutting through a neighborhood that I usually cut through to get on the interstate to get to work and I pass by S and K's house and I see K's car in the driveway and remember she is currently unemployed. Surprising even myself, I deviate from my route, pull into the driveway and ring the doorbell. K answers the door fresh from the shower and I ask her if she wants to go to breakfast. She said she couldn't because she had an interview to get to, but she would take a rain check. I stayed and talked to her probably 20 minutes and left with the agreement that I would stop by again one day soon.

That's the first time I had seen her or spoken to her in 1 year, 11 months 1 week (but who's counting?). And I'm not sure what I accomplished, but I did it and that's that.

Maybe I should keep up the momentum and go around town making amends. That in and of itself might be a full-time job since I have a cold, dark, empty heart and find it easy to just write people off when they even just slightly piss me off. Maybe we could turn it into a reality show.

Shut up.

I'll be back later, I promise.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous

first the puppies, now k-ack!-y

you're begging for fleas

3:57 PM  
Blogger hotlipz

Funny you should mention that because I walk in and I'm like, oh yeah, I forgot how everything smells like that god damned dog.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Arcturus

I was gonna mention the puppy ... who will think of the puppy ...

[sorry if I posted this one already]:
Dorothy: Ma, did you remember to feed the puppy?
Sophia: We had one of those international coffees. Irish moche mint chocolate ...? I dunno. We both threw up a little bit.


Anyway, your entry left me confused. what exactly did you do wrong that you had to make amends? "K" is the one with the problem. What you did sounded nice. Unless there is more to the Sara story.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy

Hmmmmmm.....

I'm confused too...

9:31 PM  
Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk

ditto

7:43 AM  
Blogger hotlipz

Shucks. I don't want anybody to be confused.

I didn't really have to make amends, per se, just be the bigger person, maybe?

I never did anything to K, she just went nuts one day and said she never wanted to hang out with me again because Sara was obnoxious when we got around each other.

I can't deny that. And I'm sure it was hard for her considering how giddy and fun and happy everything was when we were around and when I left, she and Sara went back to being sad, bad, mad slugs. She had also recently gone through some shit, her mom had died and some other stuff was stressing her out add to the jealousy of sara and my's friendship (my's can't be a word) and she went nutty one day. She is from New York which automatically makes her a hot head bitch.

So yeah.

Anyway, it has been two years and I know things have changed a lot. But she's a stubborn old mule and would never apologize. So either I would eventually make the first step or we would just on forever never speaking.

I'm not expecting us to be pals and hang out all the time or anything, but I extended the olive branch and that's all I can do.

Thank you.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Arcturus

So she's (in no particular order) a mule, a slug, a hot head bitch, mad, and nutty...

I hope the olives on the olive tree are tasty, 'cuz the tree bark was pretty rough...

Just a thing about New Yorkers ... I'm from New Jersey near there so it's about the same ... honestly, much of that is just surface gruffness and bluster ... and it's funny in it's way. I mean, growing up in an Italian family, dinner time was a scream-fest almost every night. Didn't mean anything.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home