Sunday, October 08, 2006

I've Fallen And I Can't Get Up

So, apparently, unbeknownst to me, I love fall. Who knew? I always thought I hated fall, but I'll be damned if as soon as the temperature dropped and the leaves started falling I didn't get way happier. This summer was a doozy, for a number of reasons, and I sure am happy to see the seasons change. Now, I reserve the right to be bitching about it all, wishing for summer's return in a couple of more weeks when I'm sick of the chilly temperatures and it getting dark by 6 p.m.

Maybe my disdain for fall was deep rooted in childhood when the end of summer inevitably meant going back to school. It took me over ten years to shed that association, but for the first time I'm enjoying myself in the month of October. Maybe it has to do with that nasty 10 pounds (which, honestly was really only 6, but 10 is more dramatic) that I picked up over the summer, and I'm excited to be able to hide it under a nice big sweater. I wore slippers today and made a pot of chilly and it all just felt right. Yay fall.

I survived my dumb work conference only a little worse for the wear. I managed to sit still through the whole thing and somehow not hear a word of it. I passed notes with a colleague the whole time. Like, lots and lots of notes. But I will be forever bitter for donating a Saturday of my life to nothing in particular.

The newest new hire is very beautiful, sweet and fairly good at her job. BUT her voice is killing me. She sounds just like Paris Hilton and it is more than I can take. I wish I could somehow audioblog her cell phone message so you could commiserate with me. (Read in your most obnoxious, Paris-Hilton-like, valley girl, nasally, whiny voice "Hey, this is Tif. I can't get to the phone right now, but leave me a message and I'll call you back." But whatever, after that last pain in the ass psycho I had working that job, I have to remind myself that the nails on the chalkboard voice is better than a nails on the chalkboard personality any day.

The countdown has begun for Big Daddy's stripperfest, drunken orgy of a birthday bash. Who's coming?

7 Comments:

Blogger Big Pissy

Well of course I'll be at Big Daddy's shindig.

Sign me up!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Sunny

Oh I want to come but I am pretty sure Grumps birthday is right there with Big D!

11:55 AM  
Blogger hotlipz

I've got Big Pissy party of one.

Sunny, who cares about Grumps, priorities, woman!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Arcturus

whatever

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous

i think arcturus has been a victim of identity theft

10:13 PM  
Blogger Jo

Send that plane ticket and I'm there!!
You know us poor elves just can't afford much these days getting ready for Christmas and all.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Sunny

Oh you are one ugly woman today if you think Grumps isn't important. You don't know his powers. HA!

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home