Thursday, August 23, 2007

If You Sprinkle When You Tinkle

Please be neat and wipe the seat.

I think I'm going to go to a craft fair and see if I can pick up a hand-painted wooden plaque with that saying to hang in my bathroom. And maybe a crocheted toilet paper holder?

I don't know what I'm talking about, either.

Somehow Big Daddy and I ended up at a little get together with some of the world's classiest people. The drink of choice amongst the guests? Moonshine. I.sweart.to.Allah. Usually that's the point where I start to freak out at what my life has become, but instead I took a shot of the stuff for bragging rights and just laughed. I'm oddly proud and have told no less than 5 different people today that I sampled moonshine last night. When we left Big Daddy said, I had a blast. Which, coming from Big Daddy, is quite a powerful statement.

My mother has apparently purchased a new condo and some how finagled my poor decreped 77 year old grandmother in to making the 7 hour trip down to paint it for her. Sometimes I just can't believe that I sprung from that womb. I want a DNA test!

Speaking of new condos, I finally found one at the beach that I put a contract on. It isn't exactly what I wanted, it is on the bay and not the ocean, for instance. But the ocean is just a short bike ride away (if I knew anyone that took bike rides that is). Something about it just spoke to me and so I said, I'll take it. I might resume my search for the perfect condo on the ocean next summer, but then again, I might not. It took me all summer to find this one because I never had any time to go down there to look, which I am assuming doesn't bode well for the amount of time I'll be able to go down and enjoy it. But, whatever, being practical isn't my strong point. I was going to post a picture, but Blogger is being an asshole so some other time, okay?

1 Comments:

Blogger Builder Mama

'Round these parts, we call that "mineral water." And I might have partaken of it a time or two. Or three. The guys I work with think it's totally hot, although I would question their judgement somewhat.

Congrats on the purchase. I would love to get a place down there, because the freakin' hotel costs are killing us. Last weekend the cheapest room I could find that wasn't at the Roach Motel was over $300 a night, gah.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home