Thursday, January 18, 2007

It Was Bound To Happen Sooner Or Later

So today is the day is the day is the day.

After spiraling into a bottomless pit of self pity and loathing for the last six to eight months, now that the day is upon me and my youth has been flushed away like an aborted fetus, I'm surprised to find that I'm still standing.

Who would have thought that turning 30 wouldn't kill me? I thought for sure that 1-18-07 would be the apocalypse.

Despite all the deals I made with the devil, today still happened, and well, I guess that means I don't have much choice other than to just deal with it. So I'm dealing. Don't tell anybody, but I might even be the tiniest bit excited. After all, being 30 gives me street cred.

I've been way too busy this week and haven't had one spare moment to devote to my impending birthday celebration. As such, I still haven't found the perfect outfit. I have, however, found the perfect hat. Oh yes, I said hat. And not just any hat. Nope, not me. It is the biggest, hugest, most fabulous black lady church hat complete with veil and feathers this side of the Mississippi. And for those hotties that aren't from the South, a black lady church hat goes something like this...



And you know, when I think about my black lady church hat, I get all tingly and excited to be me. I mean, who else on earth could rock that head masterpiece on her 30th birthday better than me? No one. That's who.

I can't stop singing Eye of the Tiger. Maybe that will be the theme song of my thirties.

So many times, it happens too fast
You change your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

6 Comments:

Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk

I'd give my left nut to be 30 again.

Happy Birthday, Queen.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Builder Mama

Happy Birthday, young thang!

The 30's are seriously the best years of my life, so I hope you find the same. Frankly, I'm just still envious that you have rug burn on your nipples. Way to rock the 3-0!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy

That church lady hat is so you!!!

....as for "Eye of the Tiger"....that's one of the faves around Auburn....so it's great in my opinion. ;-)

Hope you've had a good one, doll!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Nobody

welcome to hell babycakes... ;)

10:31 AM  
Blogger Arcturus

Is that you in the picture?

5:23 PM  
Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk

Please - send the boy a pic already.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home