Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hot Lips Wins Customer Service Award

S'up fuckers?

So, yeah. I accidentally failed to mention that I have been in the middle of a very stressful and arduous office move recently. But Friday we got all settled in (well, that's all relative, I guess) in the new place and I can kind of sort of breathe again. And while I had all of that going on, I just happened to be busier at work than I had ever been before. Coupled with the bizarro hormonal mid life crisis I've been dealing with about the impending milestone birthday that's lurking around the corner, and well, that all makes for Hot Lips becoming a lunatic. Which I know isn't a real good example because even under the best of circumstances Hot Lips is a lunatic, but she was a really, really looney lunatic. How's that?

So, yeah.

I did learn a few things from of it, though and well, when we stop learning we stop living. Or something like that. And the first and most important thing I learned was that I'm going to stop providing good customer service. Well, let me take that back. I'll happily (but too happily) continue to provide mediocre to good customer service. But the days of great customer service is over. Because, really, I obviously don't need the business.

And the days of me promptly returning a phone call are over. I've instituted a ban on any and all immediate phone call returning. From now on there will be a minimum of 24 hours between receiving the phone call and returning it. I've learned lately that if I just leave people to their own devices for a good day or so, whatever reason they were ringing my phone off the hook for somehow takes care of itself. I'm fortunate enough to be in a business where 93.8% of all of my phone calls are "emergencies." Please note the quotes around emergencies. Those are very, very important punctuational tools here. I've pretty much gotten to the point where I have pretty strict criteria for emergencies, and well, since I'm not an ER doctor, I don't know why anyone would be coming to me for one anyway.

Oh yeah, that's because all the dumb bullshit isn't really an emergency. Not to me anyway. That's why it is now my professional duty to give you a mandatory 24 hour cooling off period.

Also, I'm too nice and I do too good of a job and I make too many people my bestest friends. It is true, it is a bad, bad, bad habit I have of wherever I go making everyone my best friend, or at least making them believe that. It is the slacker in me. If everyone is my best friend then they won't mind doing this favor for me, or overlooking this one little thing for me, or telling me all the inside scoop about whatever. But somehow over the years it has all gotten turned around on me. And somehow these yokels are now trying to use their best friend status to get me to do them favors, to do shit for them fast and in a hurry and over the weekend and special and extra and cheap. And no, no, no, no, no, you are misunderstanding our friendship here. You do me favors, silly, not vice versa.

So yeah, no more favors, no more being extra friendly with people I don't give a shit about and no more returning emergency phone calls in a timely fashion.

Woopsie, somebody went off on a little tangent.

So, yeah.

In other news, I got the most perfect silk curtains for my new office.

I love you crazies.

8 Comments:

Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk

MMMMmmmmm...silk curtains.

5:50 AM  
Blogger hotlipz

Silk curtains, not meat curtians.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Big Pissy

You are spunky today!

New meds?

8:26 PM  
Blogger Arcturus

I gotta tell you that you have been very back-and-forth the past two months ... first in agonizing stress ... and then it's all better with a HotLipz all clear announced ... and then it goes back the other way.

I'm still curious what you do for a profession but I know you're not going to say.

I wish you'd get a little color back to your blog. The white-on-black small font reading is sorta tough on the eyes. (Yeah, yeah, I know my blog looks like an explosion in a paint factory. What's your point?)

9:49 PM  
Blogger hotlipz

Top Cat, my spunk likes you.

Pissy, you know I'm med free. You can't get nearly this crazy while on meds.

Arc, you've got to talk to Stacey about the blog design. She's the boss in that arena. And I'm not back to being stressed out, this post was just explaining what the last couple of months have been like. And I've told you in emails what I do for a living at least four different times.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Arcturus

At the risk of pissing you off, I have kept all our email exchanges and upon looking at them, I just don't see it. But whatever, it's not relevant to our blogospheric interaction and I'll drop it.

10:12 PM  
Blogger hotlipz

Go back to the beginning, the calendar days. I'm sure I told you more than once.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Arcturus

I'll take a look. It's no big deal. I think you work in a mud wrestling palace.

What do you think of my picture on my blog? Aren't I cute?

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home