Thursday, August 24, 2006

Two Monkeys Off Of My Back

Remember how relieved I was a couple of days ago? Well, take that relief and multiply it by 10, and that's how relieved I am today.

I went about the task of finding another boarding school. And Hot Lips got lucky. When I dreamt it up, I didn't even really know if such a thing existed. And boy am I happy to report that not only does it exist, but there are two different boarding schools in my sweet little town. One of which is significantly cheaper than the other.

Boarding school No. 1 was going to charge me $4,000 for a two-week stay. That's a grand a week per dog. Of course they would be staying in suites with a chandelier and a television, but fuck that, they don't behave, they don't get luxuries. Sweet little boarding school No. 2 is charging me a mere $1,000 for a two-week stay. That's a Hot Lips savings of $3,000.

So the two little terrors will be dropped off tomorrow morning, and I won't see them again until after Labor Day, which conveniently answers the question of What will I do with the puppies when I go out of town for Labor Day weekend.

I'm thinking I need to take this luck up to Atlantic City for a couple of days.

Cha Ching.

I've been on a vacation of sorts this week. And by vacation I mean going into the office for at least an hour every day, doing a shitload of work from home, exchanging 3,000 emails a day with Jo, and generally getting stressed out about all the work that's piling up without me. But in about five minutes I'm going to plop down in front of my great big TV and get caught up on all of my TiVo'd episodes of Entourage while eating a popsicle. And, well, that's got to count for something.

Please don't let this post in anyway create the illusion that I have figured out how to do a "return" on this blog. I'm still accpeting suggestions.

I love you guys.

5 Comments:

Blogger Big Pissy

I currently have the first 3 disks of 'Entourage' sitting.....waiting to be watched.....

but instead I'm on-line with 'Days of Our Lives' in the background....

1:17 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy

Oh, and I guess this means I don't get the puppies.

Indian giver.

1:17 PM  
Blogger hotlipz

Don't worry, Pissy, there is still a pretty good chance that they'll end up at your house.

You need to watch Entourage. You'll like it. I promise.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Arcturus

Big Pissy -- That's Native American giver!

HotLipz -- When I go abloggin', I use Internet Explorer and there are all kinds of rich text options. I use 'compose' when I want to color texts and use different fonts. I use 'compose' or 'html' when I upload pictures, although I use 'HTML' when I want to move those pictures around(since the default is always at the top).

As it is, when I was using Safari as my browser on a Macintosh, I didn't know this 'rich text'option (much like Hotmail and Yahoo have) existed.

Sometimes my 'composing' ends up causing HTML problems I have to debug ... usually a mismatched tag for italics or URL link.

I wish I could help you but I'm not sure what the return problem is you are referring to.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Joe

Whoa.

Return/enter doesn't work?

You could try the little < sign, followed by br, follwed by the > sign...

But that is a pain in the ass.

Have you tried beating the keyboard with a blunt instrument?

Ari Gold rules the universe.

Johnny Drama isn't far behind.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home